Total Safety Leadership: From Accidents to Zero
An innovative, practical, interactive workshop highlighting the essential leadership, culture and behavioural aspects of workplace safety to systematically move your organisation forward on your journey From Accidents to Zero.
Leadership is essential to the success of all organizations. But in today’s fast-paced world of work, leadership needs to be more action-focussed than position-driven. This is especially true when it comes to matters of workplace safety.
Safety leadership is not just about the application of policies and procedures; it’s about winning hearts and minds. So this interactive workshop will equip you with the knowledge and understanding to develop commitment, drive positive change and build a robust culture of safety in your organization.
Drawing on robust research, proven methods, and concepts from a diverse range of sources including the latest scientific and academic thinking we will explore the critical components of effective safety leadership. This 2-day masterclass will help you to build a practical toolkit of simple, high-impact tools and techniques designed to develop your leadership capability and confidence, and return rapid results in your workplace now.
Based on the global best-selling book From Accidents to Zero this interactive 2 day masterclass uses a range of discovered learning techniques including individual activities, syndicate exercises and group discussion to stimulate critical thought, share tools and to embed ideas, concepts and knowledge. Throughout the masterclass participants will be encouraged to reflect critically on their own work and leadership styles, organizational cultures and real world experiences in order to develop their personal action plans for implementation upon return to the workplace.
Suitable for operational managers and leaders as well as EHS professionals, our Total Safety Leadership program has been delivered in organisations around the globe, from Australia to China, Russia, the United States, Canada, the Middle East and across Europe. The program can be delivered on 2 consecutive days, or separated by a gap where an in-workplace activity is completed. Each delegate will receive a copy of the best-selling book on workplace safety culture From Accidents to Zero.
Delegates attending the program will:
- Understand the psychology behind human behaviour and learn how to apply pragmatic solutions to improve workplace H&S
- Learn which leadership styles most effectively influence the way we think, work, lead and live
- Gain advanced leadership skills to drive a positive, sustainable impact in your workplace
- Learn how to conduct high impact safety interventions using practical tools and straightforward jargon-free techniques
- Learn the ‘6 Eternal Rules of Employee Engagement’ and gain tips and ideas for building engaging dialogue and conversations around safety in your workplace
- Learn how a mindful approach to safety fosters a positive climate for performance improvement
- Receive certification from the International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM)
Throughout the masterclass participants will be encouraged to reflect critically on their own work and leadership styles, organizational cultures and real world experiences in order to develop their personal action plans for implementation upon return to the workplace. Key topics include:
- Safety Excellence and the journey towards Zero Accidents
- Transactional, Transformational & Servant Leadership
- Going beyond Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS)
- Mindful Safety
- Effective Motivation and Engagement – Moving From Theory to Practice
- Human Factors and Felt Leadership
- Advanced Influencing and Communication Skills
With added value for your organization
- Develop impactful, meaningful leadership across your organisation at all levels
- Enhance leadership capabilities through increased self-awareness
- Improve communication, morale, motivation and engagement
- Move beyond Behaviour-Based Safety observations to gain higher levels of workforce engagement & participation in safety activities
- Build a structured process for safety leadership interventions and conversations
- Reduce workplace accidents and incidents